Pages

05 September, 2012

Happiness is 49 Flavours.


When I was in school there was this girl that I wasn’t friends with. Her name was Sarah. Sarah was Asian, and she never said a single word. I remember at a very young age, it became apparent to me that almost all of the Asian students had really cool stationery and pencil cases. Always bright, neon coloured books and folders, rainbow pencils and little tin pencil boxes. One day in art class, a friend and I noticed Sarah’s pencil case for the very first time. She placed a stack of books on the table, and directly on top was the coolest pencil case I have ever seen. It was a Snoopy case, with a rainbow/pastel coloured background, and written across it was ‘Happiness is 49 Flavours’. I should probably also mention that Snoopy was holding a rainbow ice-cream cone, hence the 49 flavours. I remember my friend and I being so jealous of Sarah and her 49 flavours. I still think about it even now. I wish happiness really was 49 flavours. Perhaps it is that simple, and we’re all just wasting time not eating enough ice-cream. Either way, I like this story and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment