Pages

22 August, 2012

Ferocious love. For now.


Hey man in my dreams,

I am writing you this love letter because I can. I want to express (invisibly, within the confines of my safe little journal) to you a brand of sweetness that seems, as yet (or has it already been?), almost entirely elusive and somewhat unobtainable/unavailable to your scarred and ragged heart.  I want that mountain of tears to melt, I want an avalanche of icy, shattered hurt to melt, to reveal that sore, tender and yet shining mound of heart that I know beats so deftly somewhere there within that hot, throbbing lion’s chest of yours. Ohhh mmmmmmmm that same chest I want to claw at and strip and tease and fucking HAVE next to my warm body as you stroke me there and all over with your calloused hands. Your scarred paws need to read my maps, carve tracks into my scarred body, trace my (our) imperfections with your touch. Or are you too busy counting yours and clocking them up, tallying your hurts and weighing them up in the midst of your self-depreciating Egyptian death rituals? I want to swear and sway and fuck and beat rhythms into the earth that caves beneath us. I want ecstatic ritual to be our only voyeuristic ally. I want I want! If truth be told I saw your eyes for the first time as if it were a re-remembering. Those eyes that bore down on me, invited me to pierce into, asked me to ask more. And then closed. Like a moth to the flame I run into eyes that express that same hurt I recognise, I know. I can read them because I know that hurt. You may think you are fooling the world but I am not part of that world. I am of the same tree. Your fruits, born of suffering and flagellation, I have felt those same lashings. The scars are also mapped out in my eyes. Our eyes. I have wanted to rob my own eyes of these same dark shadows. But yet I revere them. I honour scars, my scar clan. Our scar clan. A clan that is thickly encrusted with the blood of a thousand battles. I can smell your warrior instinct and it enacts a type of protective mechanism that I need you to help me understand. Are you there?

With ferocity and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment